Day 10 -- Our day in Las Cruces, NM was a built in rest day. We arrived at our hotel at midnight and slept in. In the morning we updated the blog and did some laundry before our noon check-out time. We weren't really sure what to expect from the city. As it turns out, Las Cruces has some of the most beautiful and unique looking mountain ranges. It was pretty cool to wake up in the morning and open the hotel curtains. All we could say was "wow!"
The mountains are called the Organ Mountain Range. Their peeks have been described as "pipes" or "needles". Whatever...they are just beautiful. Our pictures really don't do them justice but here they are for your viewing pleasure. (You have to kind of imagine these two pictures being right next to each other)
6 comments:
Hey Tiff
Your trip looks so fun:) We are looking forward to your stop here. Chris and I are making plans for next weekend, so can you let us know what time of day you might be arriving on Sunday...morning, afternoon or late?
See you very soon.
Becca
Hey kids! It looks like you are having an awesome trip! Love the belt buckle Adam. Personally, I'd have stopped for the antler tree. And still -it's a lot of antlers. Enjoy the rest of your trip. We miss you.
Val and Eliseo
What happened after New Mexico?! Hope you didn't run into the wildfires that were hitting California... do update and am looking forward to reading about the rest of your journey.
Hey V and E!
Thanks for your comments. The antler tree wasn't so bad :) It was right off the interstate so we didn't lose any time on our way to NM. We are still hoping to stay with you guys Sept. 12-14. Does that still sound good to you?
T and A
Hey Tav,
Good to hear from you. I am geeked out by all the history stuff we've been seeing. Today we learned why the sculptor picked the 4 prez's on Mt. Rushmore. Good Stuff. Can't wait to fill you in..though I'm sure you already know it ;)
Hope you are all caught up on your reading!
Tiff
Can't wait to hear it all. Actually, I don't know why those presidents were picked for Mt. Rushmore. *shh* I started my general exams yesterday so I'm going to drop off the planet for a while. We'll catch up soon and I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip. Have a safe trip back to C-bus and enjoy the remainder of your journey. I've really enjoyed your blog!
Hugs.
Post a Comment