Day 6 -- After watching the bats fly out from underneath the Congress Bridge, we headed over to an area of town called South Congress (SoCo) for Margaritas at Guero's.
Both Matt and Anne and also our friend Kendall recommended Guero's. When Katy mentioned to her neighbor that we were thinking about going to Guero's, he told us that a good portion of Quentin Tarantino's DeathProof was filmed there. Enough said. We were definitely going.
After the filiming wrapped, Quentin gave the bar 2 of the cactus chandeliers that were used in the movie. Displayed in the back room was the above collage of movie memorabilia. (click to enlarge)
So, Janie, thanks for telling us about Deathproof and for watching it with us in spite of the fact that you had just seen it 24 hours before. Guero's had good margaritas, but being a fan of the movie made it a much more exciting destination.
3 comments:
Death Proof was my movie, not Mom's...
Yeah, David was the one that loaded Down in Mexico on my mp3 and told me about the movie. Still, I was the one that told you about it AND watched it with you, so I'm taking credit. Shebop, shebop.
David -- Thanks for bringing DeathProof home at Christmas time and Janie -- Thanks for loving it so much and insisting that we watch it.
David -- We had such a good time in Boise. I know you are probably so disappointed in the progression of the blog. I promise it will be worth the wait. We have some great pictures from our time in Idaho. I think you'll like 'em. Don't give up on me! Love ya! Tiff
Post a Comment