Day 6 -- So I heard that there were these little creatures called "Armadillos" running around Austin. I was kind of expecting to walk on to the UT campus and see them scurrying around just like the squirrels scurry around OSU's campus.
Well, the only armadillos I saw in Texas (including our two nights in San Antonio and the entire DAY we spent driving thru West Texas) were these two little guys. Austin toy stores make stuffed armadillos (the one in my left hand is actually a cloth purse) and the city also named it's public trolley "the Dillo" but I can't figure out why! As far as I can tell they don't exist!
The toy store that I am standing in is called Toy Joy and just like everything else in Austin, it is a one of a kind place. We had lots of fun looking at all of the unique little trinkets sold in there. Attached to the Toy Joy is a funky little cafe that serves organic and vegan sweets called Dhaba Joy. Yes...we got some cookies to munch on while checking out the store.
3 comments:
dood.. armadillos only come out at night. if you camped in texas i bet you would have seen some. a dog to sniff them out helps too! ;) i assure you, they exist
Well then...next time we visit, you and Bryan will just have to take us camping with Vern!
Hope wedding planning is going well!
Tiff
We used to find them on our porch when we lived in TX. One time we couldn't get in our apartment b/c the 'dillo was standing gaurd and we were afraid he was going to attack!
Post a Comment