Saturday, July 19, 2008

Good Eats in Austin





Day 6 and 7 --

One of the best things about Austin was all of the funky, independently owned restaurants that served organic food. Our friends Matt and Anne used to live in Austin and they gave us great suggestions of places to go and Katy and Bryan knew of fantastic places as well. Here are pictures of a few of our favorites...just in case you are ever in the neighborhood. (Iron Works isn't organic, but rather authentic family style Texas BBQ.)

I wish I had taken a picture of the flagship Whole Foods during the day. It dwarfs ours. On our first night in Austin, Katy and Bryan took us to a little restaurant called Zocalas, and then we went to Whole Foods for dessert. Katy and I both had the key-lime pie. So yummy...almost as good as yours Val and Anne!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you found Kerbey Lane. Love that place. I lived super close to it during my years in Austin. Just found your blog. Love your trip highlights! =)
Kristy P.