Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sedona






Day 14 -- We have so many beautiful pictures of Sedona. It was hard to pick just a few to put on this blog. Hopefully this will give you an idea of what we saw.

Sedona is also known for its famous Pink Jeep Tours. It is aptly named. While driving through, we saw several of these hot pink jeeps full of tourists. Hot pink. Think "If Barbie had a Jeep...." We stopped by the tourist information center to inquire about taking a tour. Our goal was to arrive in the Grand Canyon with enough sunlight to pitch our tent and do a little rim hiking and unfortunately, there was no tour short enough to get us out of Sedona in enough time for us to accomplish that. So we "settled" for the Vortex hike.

Due to our time crunch, we also chose to skip the shopping village of Tlaquepaque. It looked beautiful and we hope to visit it on our next Arizona excursion. This is what we missed: http://www.tlaq.com. Next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Sedona....I could live there...When I lived in AZ, I would go to Sedona a lot on the weekends. I loved to hike through the mtns. and look up at coffee pot rock. It was neat to go to the vortex in the evening and try to feel the ambience. I can't wait to take Curt and Issac there.