Day 15 -- When planning this trip, I looked into White Water Rafting trips through the Grand Canyon. I wasn't able to find a trip that was NOT a multi-day excursion. Since we could only spend one full day there, I explored other options.
I came across a one-day smooth water rafting trip through the Glen Canyon. If you were to look on a map, you would see that the Glen Canyon is just Northeast of the Grand and kind of "opens up" into the Grand Canyon.
We began our trip early in the morning by boarding a bus and driving 2.5 hours through the beautiful painted dessert. We arrived at the Glen Canyon Dam, boarded our boats and began our tour. Our tour guide was fantastic. He steered us down the Colorado River and provided a perfect balance of information and silence so we could enjoy our surroundings.
No comments:
Post a Comment