Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oh how Grand it is






Day 14 -- Truly there are no words to describe nor pictures that can capture the beauty and immensity of the Grand Canyon. I cried upon seeing it for the first time. (Twice in one day!) Adam and I were fortunate enough to view it at sunset, by (full) moonlight, at sunrise and when the sun was directly overhead. The shadows that the light cast at these different points in the day made it feel like we were seeing it for the first time each time. We went to many different viewing areas and never tired of looking out on it. Fortunately, we had fantastic weather and were able to catch a glimpse of the North Rim which was almost 18 miles away.

We have hundreds (yep, hundreds) of pictures of the Grand Canyon. It was hard for me to pick just these five to show you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad I got to see all the pics! Where are the buffalo???

tiffanybuch said...

you saw so many of our pictures that you can't keep 'em all straight. the buffalo came many states later ;)